Back where I belong

Have you ever desired something only to get it and find out it was not good for you? When I was in college, I always thought I would love to work in the public school system. I believed I could make a difference there and witness for Christ.

Well God gave me the desires of my heart. I was excited at first. My classroom was double the size of my previous one. There was storage galore! The technology available overwhelmed and excited me all at the same time! There were multiple teachers in one grade which I had wished for so that I could have others to collaborate with. I had access to Professional Development that was exciting in and of itself because I love to learn. This was my dream job, so I thought.

The situation I found myself in was so bad that I became physically ill. I finally had to make a decision for my health sake to resign. I won't go into all the gory details, but I will say my leaving had nothing to do with my students or their parents. They were wonderful and supportive!

For the next few months after my resignation, I spent a lot of time praying and reading God's Word, trying to understand what I was to learn from this situation. What I figured out is that God has a calling on my life and I must go where He wants me. It reminded me of the Apostle Paul when he wanted to go to the Jews but God told me to go to the gentiles. Thankfully he obeyed better than I did. When I say a calling on my life, I mean that He has called me to teach. Several years ago I surrendered to full-time Christian service, meaning I would do some job for Christ on a full time basis with my whole life, not just 7 - 6 p.m.  The public school was draining and exhausting and stressful. I never would have had time to do anything for Christ. What difference would have been made there?

This is the way God works. I'm sitting in my living room over the summer reading a book and I get a text, "Pastor wants to offer you a job."  What?! Just out of the blue?! I gathered more details and met with the pastor. Their church was starting a brand new school this fall and they are inviting me to teach there! How do you sit in your living room without having to go job hunt, which is the worst thing ever, and get a text offering a job? Only God does that!

You get peace when you are doing what God has called you to do. Plus it's super exciting to see God take something that didn't exist; You don't have all the answers; You don't know how it's all going to work out; and grow it and use it for His glory. God has the answers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QR Codes

TAG! You're It! Writing

Wonderful Tickets!